Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

On an rx8 ecu2 fuse blows when key on

Customer Question

on an rx8 ecu2 fuse blows when key on
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction*** the fuse "EGI COMP2 10A" BLEW FIRST TIME WHILE DRIVING, NOW ANY TIME KEY IS SWITCHED ON TO RUN POSITION FUSE BLOWS
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Can I get the model year?

Have there been any recent repairs which may have caused this part or wire short to ground?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to leave 1-5 star feedback when you can. If am not able to get every post rated I will no longer be able to help customers here. Selecting a star rating good or bad or not at all, has no effect on the fee you have been charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 RX8 6 SPEED, NAROWED IT DOWN TO WHEN THE ECU IS UNPLUGED NO BLOW, BLOWS SOON AS ECU IS PLUGGED IN. BAD ECU??

The ECM unplugged cuts the power to this fuse, that is why it does not blow. This fuse powers the ECM, fresh air duct solenoid, MAF sensor, leak detection pump, We need to unplug everything on this circuit except the ECM and see if the fuse blows, of so then there is a short in the wire harness.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris