Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Where is the lighter fuse in a 1992 Mazda Protege? There is

Customer Question

Where is the lighter fuse in a 1992 Mazda Protege? There is no fuse marked lighter on the fuse box and nothing in the manual about this
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there is not a lighter fuse, It is the RADIO fuse so if radio and clock work hten fuse is not the problem, Now if fuse is good? then lighter most likely bad so, parts stores sell the element if that is bad OR you can buy a universal lighter ,t he only problem cant remember exactly how it is changed out, I think from behind it , the dash, is a meteal sleeve you unscrew that large sleeve, slip lighter in, put sleeve back on, thread it on, then hook up wires, It looks like the picture in the link I have attached

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link is not working.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Copy and paste this link, it will take you to a page you can view the lighter

http://www.carparts.com/details/Mazda/Protege/Replacement/Cigarette_Lighter/1992/REPU506801.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72IkgHTj681Vq-edBLXp6Cfoj5MfG9WULoR5ekFqztm-oQBoCnLTw_wcB