Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Reported failure of the gh beam headlamps to come on when

Customer Question

Reported failure of the high beam headlamps to come on when require. 2010 Mazda 6. Fuses checked and reseated.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sudden failure of both high beams. Operation of signal stick on/off/auto appears to operate correctly. Just no high beam response when stick is pulled 'flash' hi beams or to set high beams in either standard or 'auto' mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses checked ok and reseated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am considering a failed relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am considering a failed relay??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reviewed fuse information in manual. Slot 37 and 39 appear to be responsible for the high beams......but there are no fuses in the slot 15 amps indicated. No one has been under this hood except me....curious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 10 amp fuses in the low beam slots, 38 and 40. All original.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Can you access the light switch so we can see if it is sending a ground to the high beam lights when they are commanded on. We need to OHM test the black/orange wire to another ground, like the chassis. This wire should be ground when the high beams are commanded on. If it is not then the switch is bad, if it is then report back because we need to do some wire testing.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you refer to light switch....are you referring to the turn signal lever?

The switch you use to change between high and low beams.