Nickssticks
Nickssticks, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Transmissions
21564301

I have a 2004 mazda mpv. it has a bad miss. I replaced all

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2004 mazda mpv. it has a bad miss. I replaced all coils and spark plugs, the AIC and the TPS. Still missed. No check engine light.Took to auto repair shop. They removed manifold and checked my work, looked for leaks and checked compression. All good. They then removed gas tank, checked gas, replaced pump and gas filters. Still missed. Replaced all 6 injectors, checked wiring harnesses. still misssed./ Replaced 4 o2 sensors still misses! Whats left? ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We were originally told it was the coils. There was a check engine light and a code. After I replaced the coils and plugs the light was out. I had the battery disconnected all day while I changed the coils and plugs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am in no hurry!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Nickssticks replied 1 year ago.

Need to check to see if pcm is driving coils. Shop needs to install a noid light on all 6 coils one at a time while engine is running, if one is not blinking your PCM, or computer is bad.

If all blink you have a base engine concern such as a valve or piston. In most cases you just have a bad computer (PCM or power train control module.)

Please let me know if I could help further