Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

My problem is similar to "Mazda Tribute ES: 2003 Mazda

Customer Question

My problem is similar to "Mazda Tribute ES: 2003 Mazda Tribute ES stuck in four wheel" but I just dropped a lot of money on an oil leak and need a financial break for a month or so. The switch on the dash doesn't affect the four wheel drive being on constantly and the four-wheel drive light on the 2002 Tribute is blinking. Any way to pull a fuse or relay to stop the four-wheel drive being engaged?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/7mp18-mazda-tribute-es-2003-mazda-tribute-es-stuck-four-wheel.html#ixzz3sXjsX4Cr
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Rotary Blade Coupling (RBC)
  • Corroded Rotary Blade Coupling (RBC) Control Relay —Corroded Rotary Blade Coupling (RBC) control relay.

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/4X4%20Nov%2026.pdf