john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech,shop owner
6149662

Had accident with 2006 Miata limited edition. airbag went

Customer Question

had accident with 2006 Miata limited edition. airbag went off on drivers side car fixed, what needs to be fixed or reset in car, have new air bag.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

The module needs to be removed and reprogrammed or replaced the air bag is safe to install .. If the seat belt were on during impact the seat belts would need to be rebuilt or replaced also

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to replace drivers seat belt and module ,or get them reprogrammed.

the air bag module and the seat belt.. Some companys rebuild the seat belts and reprogram the modules...

here is a basic diagram

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you