Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My indicator light flashes (blinking) but car wont start.

Customer Question

My indicator light flashes green (blinking) but car wont start. Interior lights come on.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Will the engine at least crank?

Auto or manual transaxle?

Is the indicator the theft light or another light which is flashing with the key in the run position?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes a sound but wont actually turnover. Its a keyless starter and the indicator light usually turns green and remains green when I push the brake until the car starts now its just flashing green. (Auto trans)

The noise you hear, is it clicking or something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its one click

Thanks, ***** ***** system is module controlled, so it takes a diagnostic tool to diagnose those modules and security system. Can you remove the starter relay in the left rear corner, under the hood. For the vehicle to start, when trying to start the car 2 pins to this relay should have 12.6 volts and one ground. If you only get one power pin when doing this test, then jump that pin to the signal side to the starter. The pins would be 30 and 87 or C and D or 3 and 5. Do this and let me know the tests results and if it least you can get it to crank or start.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.