Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My friend have 2004 Mazda MPV. The problem is when he

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** friend have 2004 Mazda MPV. The problem is when he driving and try to accelerate car pull to the right. I check all front suspension everything tight. Some cracks on control arm bushings but it not warn out complicity.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the control arm bushing are the problem if they are worn enough for the camber and caster angles to change during acceleration. There are a couple of things you can check before replacing the control arms. Raise the front wheels off the ground, start the engine and determine if the steering wheel starts turning to the right on its own, if so, a valve could be stuck in the steering rack. You can also swap the tires on the front from the left to the right to make sure a tire is not causing the problem. I have also found binding CV joints to cause pulling during acceleration.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leon, I'm following up on any progress with this repair. I hope the information I gave was helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Thanks.