john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech,shop owner
6149662

Can you fix back an airbag on a Mazda 3 if the airbag came

Customer Question

can you fix back an airbag on a Mazda 3 if the airbag came out and no accident has happen it just popped out while driving
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, do you mean the airbag actually deployed? Or did it just fall out as an assembly somehow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it deployed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
burst out of the steering wheel lol
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Oh wow, hope it didn't cause an accident! To answer your question though, no you can't reset them once they're deployed, they can only be replaced. You could take the assembly out, problem is if you were ever in an accident and got hurt due to lack of airbag insurance probably wouldn't cover it. If you decide to replace it though you need to have it diagnosed and see why it deployed without cause. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i just pull the airbag out
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Yeah you could either remove the assembly or cut the bag off, but remember what I said about insurance.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

did it deploy?