Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

Mine is Jaime and my problem is with the fuel pump, have no

Customer Question

Mine is Jaime and my problem is with the fuel pump, have no power, relay and fuse are ok what else I can do my car is a mazda 3 2008
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

What problem are you having exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have no power on fuel pump plugs relay and fuse seams OK test the relay, have the click and continued what else I need to check?

Ok, so does your car have an immobilizer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No don't have, it was running ok but suddenly the fuel pump stop, I changed for a new one and when I put it back I notice that the fuel gage don't have any reading even do I have a full thank it was running ok I finish with 1/2 of the thank and I changed the fuel pump again and that's it have no power , I test the relay and fuse and are ok what else I can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else I need can check and how?

If your fuel gauge don't work you must have an issue with the wiring at the pump itself, or an issue with pump and assembly itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wires are OK but I have no power at the fuel pump, the fuel pump is new , it was working OK but when I changed for the new one I noticed that fuel pump don't run

Oh, ok. Let me look at the diagram for that.

Ok. The power to both the pump and gauge come directly from the fuel pump relay. I would check continuity from the relay to the pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did removed the relay and bridge it, Pump has power but the car won't start what else I need to check?

So the fuel pump has power and is working, correct?

Do you have fuel at the fuel rails?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the Lines for fuel tomorrow, got tire today

Ok, sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I did so far, A friend of mine have a mazda 3 to, we switch relays and his car run I put his relay on mine and same problem no power at the fuel pump, this is what I found out, check power on the relay but no power on the fuel pump If I turn the ignition key off I have power on one end of the relay if I turn the key to on position I do have power on two end of the relay, but not at the fuel pump ends, also if I bridge the relay, I do have power at the fuel pump, but the wont start, what else I need to check?

when you have power to the fuel pump will it start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it won't

Ok, when you have power to the fuel pump do you have pressure at the fuel rail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it have but it won't start it just turn,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you guide me and tell where the cut off switch or emergency switch is located and how I can change it?