HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Auto technican
285738

Locating 2008 Mazda 3 A/C drain to unclog

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need diagram or picture
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

hello the drain is located on the firewall of the vehicle below the ac and heater core connections as shown in this picture, the drain is a small black outlet coming out of the firewall

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The png numbers are meaningless. Which is the drain (also the photo is messy. Can we fix that?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

It is just a photo of the ac lines and heater hoses going to the firewall, The actual drain is not pictured in it, its directly below the ac lines on the firewall about a foot down.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

That is a better picture of the drain, do you need more asssitance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its raining and dark. I'll take a further look in the morning. I figured it was there somewhere, but I thought it was closer to the lines at the firewall. I've got to raise the car to look. I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem, blow out the drain with air if clogged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It rained solid for two days (Garland, TX). I may be able to get out there this afternoon. Stand by. Thx
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the drain. It actually runs down through the Dash in the center , then through the floor. But, That was not the water problem--it was the back door water drains. Still, you helped me find the A/C drain as I had asked, and you should collect the agreed compensation. Thank you.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Very good, in order to close the question you need to hit accept and rate the question so I get credit for helping you. if you need more help just let me know.