Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a Mazda 6 2003, I can be driving down the road and

Customer Question

I have a Mazda 6 2003, I can be driving down the road and the bushes and lights go crazy. What can be wrong? And it wants to surg and it dies sometimes?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, there is a 2.3L 4cyl engine or 3.0L v6 engine, but no 3.2L engine

Second, what do you mean by "bushes" going crazy. I understand the lights going crazy.

Not counting what bushes means, lights going crazy coupled with surging and dying at times indicate possible charging issue, low voltage issue at times due to corroded battery cables, loose battery cable at battery or loose/corroded ground wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2.3 liter engine. When driving the bushes and lights go crazy. When at a stop the car feel like it wants to die and sometimes it does. What is wrong with it?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Again, what are you referring to as "bushes"? I have never heard this word applied to vehicles in over 30 yrs in the business. Do you mean the gauges on the instrument cluster?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.3 liter engine. I meant to put guages not bushes. We checked the battery and it has new cables and a 2 month battery done at the same time. I don't have a clue. Could you help? Thanks Brenda Pierce
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, it sounds like a charging issue, possibly the alternator. Do you have a voltmeter for a simple test