HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Auto technican
285738

Ew, I have a 2000 Mazda 626 with the KLG4 V6 engine. A few

Customer Question

Hi Drew, I have a 2000 Mazda 626 with the KLG4 V6 engine. A few days ago the accelerator pedal went to the floor and I lost the ability to drive. I think the accelerator cable snapped or jammed. Can you shed some light on how to fix this?
much appreciated!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, yes. one end of the cable hooks up the the throttle body and the other to the throttle pedal. It runs through the firewall to the engine. At the engine see if you have slack in the cable where it hooks up to the throttle body pawl. If its broken you just need to disconnect it from the throttle body and throttle pedal and reroute it through the firewall so it isnt kinked or binding. Throttle cable should be tight when adjusting cable at the throttle pawl and snap back and forth. Also inspect the return spring on the throttle pawl.