Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

My name is 2008 mazda 6 2.3 started car and after a few

Customer Question

my name is sam
2008 mazda 6 2.3
started car and after a few minutes it started smoking under hood (electrical smell) and shut off. tried to start and just clicked, i ck and had 12 volts at starter and had 12 volts at trigger wire in start position, so i figured that the starter solenoid was bad, put on new starter and power and all ok so i started car and it run ok and the same thing happened in about 5 minutes
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin just a few questions and il see if I can help was smoking only from starter ? The trigger wire has 12v just when key turned to crank correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after starting car 12 volts stays on trigger wire with key in on position handcar running, with car not running and key in (on position ) no voltage at trigger wire. starter solenoid is staying engaged while running