Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

My mazda 6 2.3 won't stay running unless I have my foot on

Customer Question

my mazda 6 2.3 won't stay running unless I have my foot on the gas as soon i take my foot off it stalls out. when it is running with my foot on the gas it is real rough
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a check engine light on also?

These engines are bad about jumping time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light is on also. it also makes a loud suction noise when i hit the gas witch sounds way to loud for stock intake. could it be the pcv valve?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It could be. It could also be a tear in the air filter ducting. I have seen these ducts get brittle and tear when the engine flexes enough. I have also seen them pop off and cause a stall condition. Have you inspected the ducting for air leaks? If you can get someone to keep the engine running by pressing the gas while you listen for the source of the suction noise it's much easier.