Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004 mx5 great except 3 times in 11 years it has begun

Customer Question

2004 mx5 great except 3 times in 11 years it has begun chugging gasping then dying never to start again(until next day when it is fine). First time it was 3-4 years old, second and third times it was 11 years old, 39,000 miles now. It happened twice while driving 65 on X way, last time, had left key in ignition, on for 1.5 hrs and started right up, then chug etc. my own idea was water in fuel line or garbage? But not sure of that after last incident.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Based on the age poor fuel or gunk in the tank could be to blame.

Any warning lights on?

When it will not start has anyone checked the spark, injector pulse, and fuel pressure to see what is missing?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.