sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ew, I have a mazda 6 2005 and my left low head lamps doesn't

Customer Question

Hi Drew,
I have a mazda 6 2005 and my left low head lamps doesn't light.. when I replaced the bulb still doesn't light...everytime it blow the 10A fuse...
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The headlamps are powered by a relay. The relay supplies power to four fuses, one for each high and low beam. If you're blowing a fuse it's because of high current draw on the circuit. In this case the issue is a short to ground on the circuit somewhere between the fuse and bulb. The left low beam circuit should be a red/blue wire all the way from the fuse box to the lamp. Somewhere in the wiring or possibly within the fuse box itself this wire is either pinched, rubbed through or the insulation may be damaged or melted and the circuit is either shorted to another grounded circuit, or directly to a grounded metal component.