Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2005 rx8 my factory alarm is going off I

Customer Question

I have a 2005 rx8 my factory alarm is going off I disconnected the horn and flashers.my went dead I got a battery but the key didn't work with the new battery. So I need to know if there is another way to shut it off. So I can have a horn and signals. Thank you
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unlocking the door by using the key should disarm the system. If not, there may be a faulty door lock link or a key cylinder switch input to the keyless entry control module. Have you tried unlocking the door with the key?