sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a B2600 mazda PU. It starts, but it immediately

Customer Question

I have a B2600 mazda PU. It starts, but it immediately floods out and dies. It has been analyzed, but this has failed to pinpoint the problem. Any Mazda mech's out there?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have excessive fuel pressure or an injector issue, or it may be flooding due to an inaccurate sensor reading. A coolant sensor signal that's showing the engine colder than it actually is will cause the engine to run rich, the severity depending on how far the sensor is off.

What has been replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sorry for the delay. I am trying to find the mechanic who started this project. I know he put a new fuel pressure regulator and a new filter on it. I understand from the owner that at one time he was only getting about ten pounds pressure at the fuel rail. Could low pressure cause this problem? I am going to have to get a fuel pressure tester.

How are you determining it's flooding?