Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a mazda 2000 mpv and the key is not coming out after

Customer Question

I have a mazda 2000 mpv and the key is not coming out after i turn off the engine, i disconnect the battery is coming out
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

1. At the selector lever component connector, test the Brown/White wire on the main harness side of the connector (not the Brown/White on the shift lever side of connector) to see if it is grounded when the shifter is in the park position. It should not be grounded. When the Brown/White wire is grounded with the shifter in the park position, the park position microswitch inside the shift lever component assembly may be faulty. The park position switch is not sold separately and is only available with the shift lever assembly. The wiring diagrams are attached to this archive and can be referenced for testing.

2. As another test, you can back the Brown/White wire out of the main harness side of the connector at the shift lever component assembly and then see if the key will return to the lock position, it should if the park switch is bad.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.