Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 CX7 with error code p0979 where is silenoid C

Customer Question

I have a 2007 CX7 with error code p0979 where is silenoid C located?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Below is a link with a diagram showing solenoid C.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/solenoid%20C.pdf

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drawing showing the solenoid,is that the bottom of the trans and are they inside?

The solenoid is inside the transaxle on the main control valve body. The pan has to be removed to gain access to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a mazda part number for the C solenoid?

I have a tech login, not a parts login so I only have information on repairs. If I recall its something like AW01-21-IDX. Thats just a guess from a job I had to do on this transaxle about a month ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideal what the cost is on this part?

Another guess under 150$

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris