Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Cannot get a 2004 mazda 3 to take the seat calibration
,

Customer Question

Customer: Cannot get a 2004 mazda 3 to take the seat calibration
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced the passenger seat carrier due to broken back adjust cable. Both sensors came with the carrier. Have tried 2 different scan tools and neither will work. I am getting u1900 codes and bus offline codes. I have taken the PJB out and checked all connections.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came on line and saw your question.

Was the u1900 present before your replaced the seat carrier and did you use a new or salvage yard part?

I need the last 8 digits of the vin number to pull the correct schematics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if U code was present. New part installed. Last 8 of VIN 41179324
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

The U1900 because it does involve the SAS control module can prevent the seat calibration from running and completing. The only correlation between the U1900 and the seat carrier would be if either you shorted a wire during installation. Other than that, I just dont see a correlation and suspect the U1900 was there to before replacement.

I suspect the SAS control module is faulty, but I have uploaded the testing procedure for you

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed new Passenger junction box and still won't calibrate. Had the parking brake light coming on with brake off and door ajar light would always stay on. New PJBcorrected those issues but still have u1900 and won't calibrate seat.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am not sure what else it could be. I will opt out and see if another expert has an idea on this one