Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

I have an RX-8 2004 that sounds like its just winding when i

Customer Question

I have an RX-8 2004 that sounds like its just winding when i turn the key. kind of like the starter is going but nothing is getting to engine
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is/was a very common problem, When this happened, what had you done drive wise just ahead of this, short drive>? long drive? etc, what led up to the no start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. I was financing it to someone and had to take it back. It has been sitting for a while. I tried to jump start it and made no difference in battery strength..
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

very common on the engine/model to have engine that is flooded. No recalls for this but many bullletins on it, so,, from what you describe? you need to remove the spark plugs, being sure you mark which plug and which wire goes where with tape etc, Once plugs are out, crank engine a few times , over and over to blow it out, Either new plugs or really dry the ones you removed and put them back in, It should? start then if I am correct on this. This type of engine is very senisitive to flooding, especially after short drives or sitting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, ill give it a try. thanks
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay, was off most of the day, any new information/

?