peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a problem with my mazdaspeed 6, it blows the engine

Customer Question

hey i have a problem with my mazdaspeed 6, it blows the engine ignition fuse as soon as i turn the key to the on position it blows, and no start no click or anything that happens once the fuse is blown. also when i plug my obd2 code reader in, it can't find the ecu.checked my grounds and all other fuses all good. any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the fuse helps power the ECU and this is why your scan tool will not read the ECU itself until you can resolve the short.If anything after market was wired into the vehicle check the wiring and make sure no wiring is found damaged or shorted in any way needing replaced or repaired.If this is checked and found to be o.k. or nothing after market is wired in let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay there is aftermarket headlights on my car all of those connections and are good. and that is the only aftermarket wiring related thing on the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have any idea what that fuse would be linked with? so maybe i have an idea what to check and see if those wires are okay. i have already done an extensive look though the engine bay. because what it seems like to me is that there is a dead short somewhere and it's on that circuit.

Let me check and see what is on this fuses circuit.Can you tell me the exact name of this fuse and its location on your vehicle here so I can make sure I am looking into the correct fuse?Let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the IG engine fuse in the car fuse box.

I apologize for the delay.

I see an IG Key 1 fuse (30 amp) and an IG Key 2 fuse (40 amp) is it any of these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out the issue myself, it was a bad coil pack on cylinder 1, it shorted out internally.

That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know and feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete