Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2002 Mazda Moata that we disconnected the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mazda Moata that we disconnected the battery to work on the crankshaft sensor. After finishing and reconnecting the battery, the alarm system chirped 3 times, which I'd never heard before, and the car won't start up, when I turn the igniyion key. Could it be the antitheft is activated? If so, how do I deactivate the alarm with the key only.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns ober but won't start
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the alarm is active , Initially the immobilizer should start and stall when there is an immobilizer issue and then will eventually not start at all. If that is the cases then you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alarm%20Sept%2023.pdf