Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Licence plate lights and only running lights on my trailer

Customer Question

Licence plate lights and only running lights on my trailer stopped working. Is there a fuse that needs replacing or is there something else I should be looking at...running lights on truck and brake and signal lights still work on trailer. hanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, in fact there is a fuse for just running lights to the trailer, The fuse is in the INSIDE fuse box, fuse F2 or fuse #2 shown in the link, There is a relay for the trailer lights but it is built into the fuse box inside, so, swap out fuse #2, it is the 10 amp fuse, if no lights? need to check the trailer plug for power on the brown.white wire for power, if none? then plug could? be bad OR the fuse box could? be bad, I have to list all the possibles, I have included a link to the inside fuse box. keep in mind, fuses blow for a reason, so if say a short in the trialer? this can and will pop the fuse