Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 Mazda tribute, stuck in drive. a tow truck picked the

Customer Question

2002 Mazda tribute, stuck in drive. a tow truck picked the vehicle up while parked illegal and in park. a missing panel is missing near the gear shift is where they somehow put in drive so they could away and put It in storage. How can I get the transmission back in neutral or park?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why they needed to get it out of park, they normally drag them onto a roll back in park, or they just reach in through the drivers wheel well and pop off the shift linkage and shift it manually. Will the shifter move to all gears? I assume it will not start?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get back with you tomorrow.

Thanks