sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2006 Mazda Miata that I bought last year and the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Mazda Miata that I bought last year and the car did fine last year but this year it started to leak when it rained. It fills the passenger side floor with about 3 gallons of water. I have an extended warranty but my dealer said it wasn't covered "that sucks". Are there any new fixes besides cleaning the side vents "already did that"? Thanks lorrie
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Heloo and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many places that water could be coming in. It could be coming in at the convertible top, through the heater box due to restricted cowl drains, the windshield, or a door seal. The first thing you'll need to do is a visual inspection of all seals, make sure the top and door are both closing correctly.

If you don't see any issues visually then what you'll want to do is have one person inside the car while a second runs water over the vehicle with a garden hose to simulate rain. It is often necessary to remove trim panels to be able to see a leak source, but running water over it will allow you to see where water is flowing and then the root cause can be determined from there.