Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2002 Mazda 626, I having problem with my car

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mazda 626, I having problem with my car starting after it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes, I have replace the upstream oxygen sensor, that was the code I got but it still doing the same thing, what can be the problem?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the issue is going to be fuel related. First, remove the rubber line from the Fuel Pressure Regulator. If there is any sign of fuel in the rubber line, the regulator is faulty and will need to be replaced (it's #3 in this image). If the pressure regulator checks ok, then we'll need to take a fuel pressure reading while the vehicle is showing the symptoms. The fuel pressure gauge is installed between the fuel filter and the main fuel hose. The pressure should be between 37 - 46 PSI and should hold fairly steady. If not, the fuel pump is going to need to be replaced. Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..