peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

(2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD, Bose sound, in-dash

Customer Question

(2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD, Bose sound, in-dash DVD navigation system, rear flip down DVD system, backup camera, Bluetooth hands free) The dvd navigation system appears to have stopped working. Instead of replacing the system for the painful price tag of $4000-$6000, can I buy an aftermarket system for $500-$600 and have everything still work?

Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually you need the factory head unit to allow rear camera and dvd to operate in the rear as these communicate on a data/signal line to the head unit.An after market unit usually will not be able to control these components.I would speak with a stereo/accessory install facility in your area to see if they say if they can install a unit that can control these properly or possibly re wire the vehicles electrical to allow these to work.In some cases you can find a used factory unit for a cheaper cost then the dealer at a place like http://www.car-part.com

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I were to buy a used factory unit from the website you mentioned, would I need to pay to get anything re-programmed or will everything work just from the initial hookup?

My info isn't showing that it needs programmed but sometimes it doesn't list all the modules that need programmed.The only way to find out is call a dealer and ask them to be sure or install it and see if it operates without any programming.

Thanks Pete