peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Ew. I just bought a 2007 mx-5 hard top convertable in June.

Customer Question

Hi Drew. I just bought a 2007 mx-5 hard top convertable in June. I have noticed during heavy rains that it drips right where your left foot sits(drivers side) and where your right foot sits (passenger side). I looked for a rain drain in the engine section and in the windshield wiper area, but can't find the drain holes. Suggestions?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be an issue with the actual windshield seal leaking.I have seen this seal leak before and allow water in around the dash area dripping onto the floor like this here.Usually the roof drains run down the A pillar in the pillar or behind the paneling on the pillar to about half way down the dash then the drain tubes exit the sides of the vehicle around near the door hinge area on most models.I would have the windshield checked as well as the drain tubes for any leaks or blockages.You may have to have water sprayed around the windshield by someone while you sit in the vehicle to see if you can locate a leak.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.