Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

04 Mazda 6 manual. When it's hot outside the car won't

Customer Question

04 Mazda 6 manual. When it's hot outside the car won't start. The lights come on. The engine won't crank. Just a lot of clicking. Sounds just like this YouTube link. http://youtu.be/s7lG6ASRigk
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The video is showing signs of not enough voltage getting to the car. Can you duplicate this scenario, with the headlights on, check the battery voltage and the battery cable voltage. Both should match identical. A good battery will have 12.6 volts. With the headlights on with the engine off, you should see about 12.4 volts. I believe there is a poor cable connection or shorted cell in the battery so far.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris