Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 1991 miata lost the ability to show the oil pressure,the

Customer Question

Hi my 1991 miata lost the ability to show the oil pressure,the blinkers,the rpm,the hot/cold info on the dash. The only ones that work are the speedomiter,fuel gage, and lights. I hit a bad bump and after that this is the out come. Could it be a lose wire or Fuse or what do you think and where would i look to repair this problem. My manual is not to clear on this problem. Can you give me some advise. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would the fuse area be located at that could may-be fix my problem or where are the wires located to see if they came lose. If thats my problem i cant figure where to find it. I hope i dont have to pull the whole car apart. lol ! Thank you, RJ
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
this is not a fuse issue as one fuse handles the power to the cluster with the gages and warning lights and if it were bad, absolutely nothing on the cluster would work.
This is either a loose body ground, loose wiring or connector behind the cluster that plugs into it, or broken solders on the printed circuit board of the cluster
I need the 17 digit VIN to pull up the ground locations