Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I've a wrecked 2006 mazda 3 that we've been rebuilding as a

Customer Question

I've a wrecked 2006 mazda 3 that we've been rebuilding as a family project. We've replaced drive shaft and other major components, even had out for a test drive after jumping it off, but battery wouldn't hold a charge. Took it to be tested and it was zero. They theorized a broken plate in the battery at the time of the wreck, and sold me a new battery. Now, when I hooked the new battery up, the horn goes off, wipers swish, and no start.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that I've triggered an immobilization issue, and wondered if I needed to tow it to a Mazda dealership or if there is a service that comes out and could undo my mess? I doubt it's something I can simply fix, but I honestly have no idea on how to precede or who to call to see if this can be undone. I've read that unlocking the door with the key can work, but I have no door. (actually there is a door, but it's one from a salvage yard and thus I don't have a key... something else I'll have to get to if I ever get this thing working.)
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Hopefully you have it resolved, but if not, disconnect the negative cable to the battery, open driver door, place key in the ignition and turn the key to the on position. After at least 1 minute has gone by, reconnect the battery cable. The alarm should sound for about 60 seconds then stop and you should be able to crank the vehicle at that time