Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to replace my rear wheel bearings on a Mazda 2006

Customer Question

I need to replace my rear wheel bearings on a Mazda 2006 2500 Bravo manual 4x4.
are the bearings pressed on and how can they be removed.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

They are pressed into the axle tubes but not by a press. You need a slide hammer and axle bearing puller to remove them. Its a tool that folds over flat then when inserted it spreads out open and catches the inside of the bearing, then the slide hammer yanks it out. You install them with a hammer and drift punch.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris