FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician Trainer
1627031

My mazda tribute 02 is going from time to time. Occasionally

Customer Question

My mazda tribute 02 is going nuts from time to time. Occasionally when I press the break pedal the interior lights come on aswell as the reverse lights (instead of the brake lights). The blinkers will also switch...left is right and vice versa. In addition the break pedal is very soft when this happens the the exterior door light is on. Help!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the combination switch for the turn signal. All of these circuits go through this switch and it tends to short internally and cause this. There are also a possibility that there is a short in the wiring harness but that is not nearly as common. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.