Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I have a 2011 CX 7 and the check engine light and cruise

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2011 CX 7 and the check engine light and cruise control lights both won't turn off. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It sounds like there is an emission code stored in the system. This will cause the check engine light and disable the cruise control. If the car is running normally then it's the most likely issue. The problem is there are over 300 different reasons for the check engine light to come on, so without getting the code it's very difficult to know where to start looking. I would advise to check the gas cap and make sure it's tight, if it's loose tighten it up. It will still take a while for the car to do the self test and clear the light, but once it does, then it should return the system to normal.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.