Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of Diagnostics / vehicle repair & servicing..
9261905

My 2000 mazda mpv 3.0 engine has a chirping sound when it

Customer Question

my 2000 mazda mpv 3.0 engine has a chirping sound when it gets warm I need to know what to do
Category: Mazda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Chirping is most common from the drive belt(s) or one of the pulleys. What you need to do when you hear the chirping noise, spray a little lube onto the belts. If the noise changes or goes away you need to replace the belts. If the noise is still there, you should remove the belts and see if the noise then goes away. that will try and isolate if you have a pulley chirping. Let me know the outcome of these checks. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** take to someone to try this on Monday; then I will see what happens; how long do I have to reply? how long is my $36.00 good for?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The chat remains open for 7 days no matter what. Let me know what happens after the mechanic tries that. Thank you and please remember to rate my service.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE.. I note you have requested a NEW professional... I am happy to help / advise.

Please just use the reply and let me know how I can be of help - then we can progress -

<Kind Rgds, MIKE....................