How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Mazda
Satisfied Customers: 33407
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279
Type Your Mazda Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mazdv6 has misfire on cylinder 4 ,new spark plugs ,wire,

Customer Question

Mazd(###) ###-####v6 has misfire on cylinder 4 ,new spark plugs ,wire, catylitic converter ,and error code p0400 p0401 p0174 it is ok ,but it get hot misfire happened and engine light blinks
I cleaned throttle body ,and sensor they were very clean ,but I cleaned them again
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem as well as the codes you are getting is in most cases set due to restricted EGR passages and in most cases removing the throttle body and cleaning the passages in the intake will resolve this type of misfire.The V6 engine will have 2 ports right in the bottom of the intake when the throttle body is removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron
Any ansewer is welcome,but as I mentioned earlier, I did every thing including the cleaning throttle body ,it was very clean the two opening that you mentioned,so the problem end up with two possiblies one injector,two ignition coil ,so I did hard job firs did injector ,then after I found every thing is ok check ignition coil,fortunately I have another engine, so take out ignition coil ,replace it and 90 percent the problem solved,the other 10 percent is egr ,because my light almost 8 months is on .....just right now what I like to know how to repair the egr ,I took from spare engine egr ,on the top has a small electronic motor, how to repair this motor ,brand new cast between$ 300 to 600.00 I am going to find the top one ,I don't know how much you are fomilier with Mazda egr
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately if the EGR motor is bad it can not be repaired, it has to be replaced.

Related Mazda Questions