Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

Where does the crank position sensor bolt on a 1997 mazda

Customer Question

Where does the crank position sensor bolt on a 1997 mazda 1.5 z engine?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
The Crankshaft Position Sensor is located on the lower, passenger's side of the engine, near the harmonic balancer. Best access will be from under the vehicle. On most models, there will be a plastic splash shield that will first need to be removed to gain access. The Crank Sensor is #4 in THIS IMAGE. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.