Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of Diagnostics / vehicle repair & servicing..
9261905

My daughter owns a 2007 CX7 front wheel drive that is having

Customer Question

My daughter owns a 2007 CX7 front wheel drive that is having major steering issues. It feels like driving on ice. Steering is very sluggish and unsafe. I noticed that the CX 9 from 2007 has a recall for this issue. What do you think that the issue is?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

On the car in question there have been more than one issue that these were recalled for - all to do with the steering. One was to do with faulty ball joints - one was belt slipping - causing stiff steering / not working etc - and another was to to with the main control unit for the steering going faulty casuing the same.

Its hard to know without physically checking just which fault your daughters car has - The wisest advice is to call your local Mazda dealer at this point and inform them of the issue - Tell them you are aware of recalls for the issue -and you need yours looking at / into... They will arrange to have the car in to remedy the issue whatever is causing it.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this will be the only charge I get on my credit card?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi again..

Thank you for your reply..

So long as you havent taken out a "subscription" offer - then yes that is correct... just a one time payment.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If you are unsure as to whether you took on a subscription - simply send an email with your email address to ***@******.*** Ask them to check on that for you and they will help you out there.

For now - all I need you to do is to click on the OK ratings for me at this point - thats how Im credited for helping you today... I thanlk you again... and again - feel free to come back to me any time at all.

Best Rgds. MIKE