cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I just went to get lunch, quick in and out, less than 5

Customer Question

Hi, i just went to get lunch, quick in and out, less than 5 minutes. When i got back in my car, when i tried to turn it over, the lights dimmed and i heard a consistent clicking noise when trying to turn the key. I got a jump and while once it sounded like it was starting up but nothing happened, just the same clicking noise. Ive read that its either i have a dead battery or the alternator is dead. Recently, i had the connector replaced on my alternator and that was the first thing i checked and it was still intact. Does this help determining what the issue is?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

The issue is your battery if you tried to jump it and it would not start even if your alternator is bad you will still be able to jump it sound like a dead cell in the battery