Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

Windshield washer pump needs replacing. Cannot find a video

Customer Question

Windshield washer pump needs replacing. Cannot find a video and need to know where it is located and how to remove/replace. Thanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a video for this repair, but I can provide the repair manual, step-by-step procedure with images. Would this be acceptable for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Curious to know ballpark, how much for dealer to replace this?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, great! The Washer Pump is located on the side of the washer fluid reservoir, which is located behind the front bumper on the passenger's side. So, to gain the proper access to remove the reservoir and access the pump, the front bumper will need to be removed from the vehicle. I've wrapped up all the procedures you will need to remove the bumper, reservoir and pump into a PDF file. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept. Remember, your rating is required.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see your offer for extra help but am not doing this until I get the pump in a day or two. Then I will take you up on your extra help offer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's not a problem. If you need the extra help, it's there for you. If not, not a problem. Please remember you can always ask follow-up questions, even after you rate the answer. So there's no need to accept the additional offer if it isn't needed. But rating the answer, one way or the other, is a requirement of the site.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!
I noticed this question was still open, so I thought I'd check in and see how you made out. Did the information I provided help you out? Was it informative and helpful? Did you have any other questions on this issue? Your satisfaction is very important to me! Please reply and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!
Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!
Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!
Thanks!
-Ron Z
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On a CX 9 apparently there are 2 pumps, front and back. Both of them are not working so I am assuming it is some other issue as I doubt they would simultaneously quit. Your thoughts?