Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have a 2010 mazda 3 the check engine light came on ,I lost

Customer Question

I have a 2010 mazda 3 the check engine light came on ,I lost power and limped the rest of the way home,when reducing to a stop the engine would chug like it was going to stall, I have a 137 thousand kilometres on the car and never had a problem,,,any suggestions,,mike
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I could probably give you 30 suggestions on parts to change but that would be an expensive route.

I would personally start by getting the codes checked so we can see what the computer is seeing and go from there. Most parts stores will check codes for free.. if you were able to limp it home I assume you can limp it to the nearest parts store.