Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Need to find out if my engine is still under warranty. I

Customer Question

Need to find out if my engine is still under warranty. I lost almost all power driving home, and now it still barely stay running at idle
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
The powertrain warranty for the 2006 RX8 is 4yrs/50,000 miles, so unfortunately you are long past the warranty expiration date as it expired back in 2010.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor was replaced by Mazda only 45000 miles ago. And I thought warranty was extended
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You failed to mention this important fact of your engine being replaced recently. It is hard to give an accurate answer when you withhold critical information.
You fail to mention how many years ago it was replaced. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 yrs ago.
I will opt out as you are not giving all the information, making it impossible to answer accurately.
If another expert wishes to help, they will reply here. While waiting for that, you might want to find your repair order so that you can provide more detail than you have at this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine was replaced by Mazda 4 years ago