Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I ran out of gas yesterday in my 2004 mazda rx8 and now it

Customer Question

I ran out of gas yesterday in my 2004 mazda rx8 and now it will only run with one cylinder checked codes and it came up with po171,po138,po300,po410,po302,p2096 I know it must have clogged injector or fuel line.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car was running good until I ran out of gas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not cylinder but only one rotor will fire
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Did you clear the blockage of the injector or fuel line and drop and clean the tank since it has stuff in it for some reason?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not sure how to do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me?

Remove the fuel tank and clean whatever junk is in there then replace the screen on the fuel pump. Remove the injector and cycle the fuel pump a couple of times to make sure the lines clear, replace the fuel filter and either manually clean the injector or replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the only thing that could cause this problem?

Ive never seen it cause this problem but you said it is so you need to start by fixing that and see if there is still a problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me.

I just submitted an additional service offer to call you. Once you accept and provide me with your phone number I can call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the fuel pump is under back seat can i clean out from there with out droping the tank, I'm a girl and have limited work space and cant afford to take it in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know in my oppion i think it is a blockage but given the codes and how it happened is that your expert oppion.

My opinion is its probably got a bad fuel pump. You can access the pump from there but good luck cleaning the tank without being able to turn it upside down. I would start by checking fuel pressure myself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further.