Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Mazda CX-9 Sport: , I bought a used 2010 Mazda CX9 about

Customer Question

Hello, I bought a used 2010 Mazda CX9 about two years ago. One day, I went to switch CDs and accidentally hit the "MAP DVD" button on the touch screen. The DVD came out, when I tried to put it back in, it just makes whirring / grinding noises and comes back out. Now the NAV system doesn't work and I can't access a lot of the system settings anymore (like to change the time).
The dealer says all the systems for the settings are tied to the NAV system. For them to replace the NAV system, it would be several grand, they also have refurbished systems for around $800.
Wondering if there is anything I can do to try and diagnose / fix myself, or at the very least, get into settings without the NAV system operational.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This unit is prone to Logic & mechanism failuresThere is no one on this site that can walk you thru a repair of the Navigation Unit, as it takes special Bench Equipment to test the Logic Circuit.IF the Mechanism has failed, there are NO small parts available, Mazda makes you buy the complete Mechanism.Your best bet is to change out the Unit, as used is available On-Line, E-Bay, etc. or go Aftermarket Navigationplease see link belowhttp://www.ebay.com/bhp/mazda-cx9-navigation?rmvSB=true.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.