Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Would the code checking also tell if the catalytic converter

Customer Question

Would the code checking also tell if the catalytic converter is bad? So the smell of pee/urine can be stopped as well--or is that test different from the code testing?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The converter would cause a sulfur/rotten egg smell if anything, not a urine smell. The only thing I could think of that would cause a urine smell is something from previous owners such as having animals in vehicle and that would be solved by a good cleaning. They also have deodorizer that you can spray into the vents to take care of smells. Let me now how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I have never seen any problems cause a urine smell. I'll open question up to see if someone else has.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thank you!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, someone might not reply until tomorrow since it is late.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thanx!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem.