Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda MX-5 Miata: I hear a loud clicking sound every second

Customer Question

I hear a loud clicking sound every second or so that appears to be coming from the dashboard on the drivers side when driving at 10-30 mpm. The noise stops a speeds under 10 and over 30 mph. This is a 2011 Miata with automatic just recently purchased. I can take it to the local Mazda dealer but I'm afraid of a $500 bill and the problem won't be fixed. Any suggestions on what to check or what to tell the Mazda dealer's mechanic to check? Also, is there a possibility the speedometer or tachometer has gears slipping causing this?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris