Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda Millenia: Had sudden and loss of power in my 2001 Millennia

Customer Question

Had sudden and loss of power in my 2001 Millennia 2.5 then it would be fine until the next loss of power. Code showed misfire in cylinder 1...
Did new plugs, wires, PCV valve, points and cap. Still the same. Then I put a new coil in it and now it runs rough. It didn't run rough before, just the sudden loss of power. I don't know why its running rough now. Could I have goofed up the CAM position sensor?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on and what brand of spark plugs you used.